Guitars for Vets: Play Your Part – A HUGE Success!
We are pleased to share that the Guitars for Vets Play Your Part Concert was a HUGE success! Guitars for Vets would like to thank each and every individual who came out to show their support on November 10th, including the following:
- Sean McCann – for taking the lead on this event, and dedicating countless hours to ensuring a perfect evening. What a way to end his tenure as Guitars for Vets National Ambassador! We thank Sean for all he has done for the Guitars for Vets community.
- Sarah Harmer, Joel Plaskett and Jeremy Fisher – for donating their musical perfection and for sharing their passion for helping veterans.
- Our generous donors and sponsors, including our gold sponsors – the Mental Health Commission of Canada and Lundbeck, as well as:
- Silver Sponsor: PCL Construction Limited
- Silver Sponsor: Willis College
- Silver Sponsor: Veteran Friendly Transition Program
- Silver Sponsor: Stephen Philip of Philip, Gaskin & Wright Private Investment Management at RBC Dominion Securities
- Silver Sponsor: Commissionaires
- Bronze Sponsor: Respect Group
- Bronze Sponsor: OMNI Health Care
- Bronze Sponsor: KPMG
- Bronze Sponsor: Dan Hilton
- Bronze Sponsor: Jeanne Bergevin-Vollebekk
- Veterans Affairs Canada – for their continuous support, and for adopting Play Your Part as an official 2017 Remembrance Week activity.
Although we are still crunching the numbers, we can confirm that we will be able to purchase at least 500 guitars for veterans of our program! This means that 500 more veterans living with PTSD/other service-related disabilities will be able to explore the healing powers of music!